Wilpena Pound Resort, the only accommodation within the Flinders Ranges National Park in South Australia.
Wilpena Pound, Flinders Ranges, South Australia
Located at the base of Wilpena Pound
Early morning view of Wilpena Pound
Abundant wildlife inside the Flinders Ranges National Park
Exploring Flinders Ranges Park
Scenic Flights over Wilpena Pound
Sacred Canyon Flinders Ranges
Wilpena Pound, South Australa
Guided 4WD tours at Wilpena Pound
4WD track, Flinders Ranges
WILPENA POUND Resort Facilities
Wilpena Pound Resort is built on the banks of Wilpena Creek just outside an entrance to Wilpena Pound. In this natural bush setting, native flora and fauna abound. With just 60 rooms, the Resort blends well into the landscape and provides a comfortable accommodation base for exploring the Flinders Ranges. There is also a Camping Ground with powered and unpowered campsites suitable for caravans, camper vans and tent camping.
Click here to download the RESORT MAP
Upon arrival, the resort swimming pool appears as a welcome oasis in the bush.
Resort Reception is open daily from 7am - 6pm to attend to guests’ needs. Tours and activities can be booked here or at the Visitor Information Centre.
- Check-in after 2:00pm
- Check-out before 10:00am
General Store & Visitor Information Centre
The General Store is also open daily from 8am - 6pm for all your grocery needs. From souvenirs, postcards and takeaway food, to essential supplies such as groceries, water, fuel and gas, the store is convenient to resort and campground guests alike.
The National Park Visitor Information Centre is situated next to the General Store and has a wealth of information about the Flinders Ranges National Park including detailed maps, bush walking information and native flora and fauna that you can expect to see in the area. The Visitor Information Centre is open daily from 9am - 5pm. Tours and activities can be booked here or at Resort Reception.
Captain Starlight Restaurant
Open for breakfast and dinner with a variety of dining options on offer. Choose from a light continental to a hearty country breakfast. In the evening, the menu offers a choice of modern Australian cuisine with a touch of the Outback.
- March - October: Meals are served each evening from 6:00pm - 9:00pm. Bookings are recommended and these can be made at Reception. A children's menu is available.
- November - February: The Restaurant is open for breakfast daily from 7:00am - 9:30am. Evening meals are served in Poddy Dodger's Bar.
- During November - February a variety of sandwiches, wraps and snacks prepared daily by the Resort chefs can be purchased at the General Store between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
Poddy Dodger’s Bar
A popular gathering place for visitors and locals to enjoy a refreshment and share tales of the day’s activities. Operating hours differ throughout the year.
- March - October: The Bar is open from lunchtime to late every day for drinks and refreshments. Bistro-style meals and light snacks are served for lunch and dinner.
- November - February: The bar is open from 4:30pm each day. Evening meals are served in the bar from 5:30pm - 8:30pm offering a summer menu combining the most popular choices from the Restaurant menu and the Bar menu.